Peppermint Schnapps Hot Chocolate Recipe
A classic holiday beverage perfect for parties or a cozy night at home. This simple recipe makes approximately 3 cups (5 servings), and stays hot all evening in the insulated AquaFlask bottle. Your friends and family are sure to love it!
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (our favorites are Scharffen Berger and Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt (to taste)
- 3/4 cup peppermint schnapps
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine milk and half & half in a small saucepan and heat slowly over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour cocoa powder, sugar, and salt into a 27-ounce AquaFlask bottle using a funnel or folded piece of parchment paper.
- Remove milk mixture from heat when it is nearing a boil. Keep a close eye on it - you'll know it's ready when the milk is steaming and begins to expand. Pour milk mixture into the AquaFlask bottle using a funnel. Cap the bottle and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Remove cap and pour peppermint schnapps and vanilla extract into the bottle. Cap it and shake for another 10 seconds. (Why so much shaking, you ask? This method makes the hot cocoa extra frothy and light!)
- Serve in your favorite mug or cup, and top with whipped cream if you're feeling fancy.